Conducting renovation works carries the risk of unforeseen events. A contract with an insurer provides protection against the consequences of such situations. In today’s post, we answer the question whether it is worth taking out insurance against incidents during renovation?
Why is it worth choosing insurance for the period of renovation or construction?
Damage to a pipeline or electrical installation is one of the many unfortunate incidents that can happen during renovation works. Why is it worth choosing insurance for the period of renovation or construction? What damage will the insurance policy protect us against?
- Breakages – a broken glass or vase, a broken mirror or an induction hob are some of the many unpleasant situations that can occur when moving items before or after renovation works.
- Overvoltages – voltage surges are phenomena occurring especially during repairs of electrical installations or modernization of building integration systems. They can damage audio and video devices, household appliances and computers.
- Floods – may occur while connecting washing machines or dishwashers. They are also a frequent accident when replacing sewerage and plumbing systems. They can also occur while roof renovation works and weather conditions will suddenly worsen.
- Acts of vandalism – vandals often destroy property and building materials stored in front of a single-family house. Especially when they are aware that no one is in the apartment during renovation works.
- Property theft – they occur as often as acts of vandalism, and are often associated with them. It is worth remembering that tools and materials left in front of a building may be easy prey for thieves, just like home furnishings.
We must not forget that the construction works insurance will also protect us against the financial consequences of flooding our neighbors or similar events that may occur during renovation works in multi-family buildings.
What should you pay attention to when choosing insurance for construction works?
The decision to choose an insurer is an important aspect on the way to protect yourself against the financial consequences of unfortunate events during home renovation. What should you pay attention to when choosing insurance for construction works?
- The scope of insurance (basic random events, flooding, fire, etc.).
- Securing damage of movable property.
- Covering burglary and vandalism.
- Additional liability insurance in private life and legal protection.
- Breakage of glass elements.
The home assistance option is also a useful solution. The package allows you to finance small services such as plumbing service or electrical and locksmith repairs that may occur during renovation works.
Insure your apartment in case of any incidents during renovation!
Hailstorm, pipe damage or glass breakage are some of the many unfortunate events that can occur during construction works. If you want to protect yourself from the financial consequences of damage, insure your apartment in case of incidents during renovation!