Gutters are an essential element of the roof of every building, supporting the drainage of rainwater and melting snow. Choosing the right guttering is a very important aspect of building a house, so today we present the top 10 things you should remember when choosing a gutter system!
What are the types of modern gutter systems?
On the market, there are various types of installation for draining rainwater from roofs. What are the types of modern gutter systems?
- Steel guttering – characterized by high durability. It is recommended for places where there is a high load on the roof construction during snowfall in the winter.
- PVC gutters – they are a cheap alternative to products made of steel.
The correct choice of a gutter system should be dictated by environmental aspects as well as technical parameters of the roofing.
What should you pay attention to when choosing a gutter system?
The choice of guttering is an important decision which consists of a number of factors. What should you pay attention to when choosing a gutter system?
- Roof area – the effective roof area of the building that requires drainage of rainwater should be determined in order to select the dimensions of the guttering and downspouts.
- Gutter dimensions – on the basis of the parameters mentioned in point 1, you can determine the size of gutters and downspouts.
- Gutter design – semicircular and rectangular constructions are available. The choice is determined by the aesthetics and style of the building.
- Material of guttering – you can choose between gutter systems made of light and smooth PVC or durable stainless steel.
- Climatic conditions – when selecting gutters, it is important to take into account the annual sum of rainfall and snowfall as well as temperature fluctuations.
- Amount of precipitation – it is worth remembering that the pipes have a limited flow capacity. The maximum performance of the guttering in heavy rainfall must be considered.
- Lifetime – depending on the purpose of the facility and the climatic zone, you can choose cheap plastic gutters or more expensive but more durable steel gutters.
- Colour matching – apart from technical aspects, it is very important to fit the gutter system into the style of the building.
- Price of elements and assembly – depending on the budget, we can choose economic solutions made of PVC plastic, or solid and durable, but more expensive ones made of steel.
It is worth remembering that the well-chosen aesthetics of the gutter system will give the building a unique appearance.
Choose reliable gutter systems from Blachodach!
The decision to buy gutters for a single-family house or a utility building is a very important issue that affects the comfort of further exploitation of the building. If you don’t know how to choose a gutter system and you need professional advice in the selection of components, choose the reliable systemic guttering from Blachodach!